We are excited to see you for your upcoming orthodontic appointment! We appreciate your flexibility as we strive to provide you with the best possible orthodontic care we can in a way that minimizes risk of infection of the COVID-19 infection to patients and our team members.
What to expect at your appointment
- Please brush your teeth prior to coming to your appointment, since the brushing station will be closed.
- Please check-in virtually by texting 844-387-9568 when you arrive in the parking lot with the patient’s name. Since our waiting room is closed, we will communicate with you via text when we are ready for you to come upstairs to the clinic for your appointment.
- If the patient is currently in treatment, please check closely for any loose or broken appliances, and call and let us know the day before your appointment so that we can schedule appropriately. Due to our social distancing requirements, we will be unable to fix anything that has not been communicated with us prior to the appointment.
- Due to the state’s mandate, unless parents deem it necessary, parents are encouraged to either wait in a vehicle, or come back to pick up a patient when we are finished. We want to communicate with parents about their child’s treatment, so we can either call you, or we can also use Google Duo to video call with a parent. Please download it from the App Store or Play Store. If you do not wish to do a video call during your child’s appointment, please communicate that with our office via text (844-387-9568) when you check in. If parents choose to join a patient in the clinic, they will need to bring a mask with them. Per the state’s mandate, non-patients will not be permitted in the clinic without a mask, and we need to conserve masks for our team.
- We will be taking a temperature on each person that comes to our clinic.
- Each person will be asked to disinfect their hands with hand sanitizer.
- Due to the additional protective gear we will be wearing, the clinic may be colder than usual. Please dress accordingly.
- We will be scheduling the next appointment while the patient is at the chair.
What are we doing to minimize risk to you and to our team?
- We are adhering to the most recent CDC recommendations, including wearing masks, gloves, lab coats or jackets, and face shields.
- Our team will be changing into clean scrub coats before seeing each patient.
- We are rigorously disinfecting surfaces between patients, and sterilizing equipment and instruments before they are used.
- Our waiting room will be closed.
- We are practicing social distancing-our chairs are set up differently than in the past so that we have significant spacing (well over 6 feet) between our patients.
- We will be modifying how we perform procedures to minimize risk to our patients and our team
- We are installing air purification devices in the clinic.
- We are taking temperatures regularly on everyone on our team, and on everyone that enters the clinic.
- We will be screening each person that comes to the office to make sure they are healthy.
- Please call us to reschedule your appointment if the patient or anyone the patient has been exposed to in the last 14 days has:
- Experienced COVID-19 symptoms, including: cough, fever, chest tightness, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing
- Been outside of the county
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you very much for your flexibility and understanding. We appreciate the opportunity to help create your confident smile. As always, please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at 435-673-9661