What we are doing to keep everyone safe (updated April 23, 2020)
The Utah State Department of Health has issued a Public Health Order allowing us to start seeing patients again. We are excited to see you!
We have spent considerable time preparing the clinic to see you so that everyone can be safe.
The changes we have made to how we are see patients now is a result of this order, combined with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), and The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- What we are doing to minimize risk to you and to our team?
- We are adhering to the most recent CDC recommendations, including wearing masks, gloves, lab coats or jackets, and face shields.
- The team will be changing lab jackets before seeing each patient
- We are rigorously disinfecting surfaces between patients, and sterilizing equipment and instruments before they are used.
- The waiting room will be closed.
- We are practicing social distancing-our chairs are set up differently so that we have significant spacing (well over 6 feet) between our patients.
- We will be modifying how we perform procedures to minimize risk to our patients and our team
- We are installing air purification devices in the clinic.
- We are taking temperatures regularly on our team, and on everyone that enters the clinic.
- We will be screening each person that comes to the office to make sure they are healthy.
Prior to your appointment
Please call us to reschedule your appointment if the patient or anyone the patient has been exposed to in the last 14 days has:
- Experienced COVID-19 symptoms, including: cough, fever, chest tightness, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing
- Been outside of the country
- Please check closely for any loose or broken appliances, and call and let us know so that we can schedule appropriately. Due to our social distancing requirements, we will be unable to fix anything that has not been communicated with us prior to the appointment
***Please review the questions at the bottom of this page. Before a patient can be seen in the clinic, the patient or a parent of a patient under 18 years old will need to have reviewed these questions with a team member. We will be unable to see patients without this information being reviewed.***
Please brush your teeth prior to coming to your appointment, since the brushing station will be closed.
What to expect at your appointment:
Please text _____________ when you arrive in the parking lot. Since our waiting room is closed, we will communicate with you via text when we are ready for you to come upstairs to the clinic for your appointment.
Unless parents deem it absolutely necessary, parents are encouraged to either wait in a vehicle, or come back to pick up a patient when we are finished. We will be using Google Duo to video call with a parent at each visit. Please download it from the App Store or Play Store. If you do not wish to do a video call during your child’s appointment, please communicate that with our office when you check in.
If parents choose to join a patient in the clinic, they will need to bring a mask with them. Per the state’s mandate, non-patients will not be permitted in the clinic without a mask, and we need to conserve masks for our team.
We will be taking temperatures on each person that comes to our clinic
You will be asked to wash your hands
Due to the additional protective gear we will be wearing, the clinic may be colder than usual. Please dress accordingly. You may consider a jacket, long pants, or closed toe shoes.
We will be scheduling your next appointment at the chair.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you very much for your flexibility and understanding. We appreciate the opportunity to help create your confident smile. As always, please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at 435-673-9661
Dr. Jeff Erickson and the Team at Orthodontic Specialists.